Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping Mumbai with Approved Petition | Amendment in Progress

Hello All,

To give a brief background of my Scenario . I completed my masters in the US in May 2015 and Joined a BIG 4 firm in June 2015 , They had filed for my H1 before i joined (I had the offer much before ) and fortunately it was picked in the lottery and my petition was approved. When i started my project (Internal project - Not pertaining to client) I was required to work from 2 locations ( Base location New york city and Another office location in Philadelphia). Since my original petition was on only for NYC location , my employer attorneys decided to amend my petition to make sure i could work from NYC as well as Philly. They have already filed the Amendment with USCIS ( I have the copy of the new receipt and copy of the LCA filed for the amended petition) and the amendment petition is in progress with the USCIS.

I have unavoidable travel plans in December and will be in INDIA . I will need to go for H1B stamping since i am changing my status from F1 ( Student ) to H1B . I spoke to my employer's attorneys and asked my pending petition will affect my visa stamping in India or will affect me at the POE . They said that i should be OK since "You are not changing the work location but you are just adding second location of work ".

I have read on this forum and other forums that "Going for Visa Stamping with Pending petition is a risk" . Can someone comment on my scenario ? Help and comments are well appreciated .

Regards
    SK
    Last edited by silent_killer; 11-25-2015, 09:46 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X