Interview waiver program eligibility, H1B not selected in lottery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview waiver program eligibility, H1B not selected in lottery

I did my undergrad in US so I had a F1 Visa which expired 16 months ago from now. Now I am applying for Masters in US and I was wondering if I am eligible for Interview waiver program.
    The only reason I have some doubts is because after completing college, I started working on an OPT and the company I was working for applied for H1B visa for me. My H1B visa application did not make it through the lottery and later I returned back to India.
    Would H1B visa application rejection disqualify me from interview waiver program?

Did you read the criteria for IWP? Your last visa (should be the same category as of what you are applying now) should be currently valid or expired within the last 12 months. Your visa expired 16 months ago. How are you qualified for IWP?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Did you read the criteria for IWP? Your last visa (should be the same category as of what you are applying now) should be currently valid or expired within the last 12 months. Your visa expired 16 months ago. How are you qualified for IWP?
      https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-int...-visa-renewal/
      Thanks for the reply. I think the 12 month limit is only for H or L class visa. For the rest it could have expired within the last 48 months.
      "If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.
      OR
      If I am applying for any other class of visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 48 months."

Comment

Ok, not sure when that classification changed. Immihelp information may need an update. Your best bet is to answer the question asked while filling the visa application as per the information from your passport (Visa in the passport not the petition approval / expiry date) and the system will determine whether you are eligible for IWP or not.

Originally posted by ssinghal View Post
        Thanks for the reply. I think the 12 month limit is only for H or L class visa. For the rest it could have expired within the last 48 months.
        "If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.
        OR
        If I am applying for any other class of visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 48 months."

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X