Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 Departure not captured online

Hi,

I came to US in Mar 2013, and my visa on passport expired Sep 2014. During this time, my passport also expired in Mar 2014, and got it renewed via the Indian consulate in NYC. Applied for my petition renewal and extension with my new passport details in 2014 and got the approval for 3 more years...

I traveled to India for vacation this month, and when i checked online for my I-94 status it is not showing any exit (neither on the old or new passport) for me. however, the exit for my wife showed up... we had multiple physical copies of I-94 which we handed over to the airline, but not sure why mine exit is not updated. Recently i also got my visa for the new petition stamped with the US consulate, and all went well there...

Can anyone advise if i need to take any further action to get my exist updated with CBP?

Thanks

A response to the below query will be much appreciate. Thank you

Originally posted by haidmo View Post
    Hi,

I came to US in Mar 2013, and my visa on passport expired Sep 2014. During this time, my passport also expired in Mar 2014, and got it renewed via the Indian consulate in NYC. Applied for my petition renewal and extension with my new passport details in 2014 and got the approval for 3 more years...

I traveled to India for vacation this month, and when i checked online for my I-94 status it is not showing any exit (neither on the old or new passport) for me. however, the exit for my wife showed up... we had multiple physical copies of I-94 which we handed over to the airline, but not sure why mine exit is not updated. Recently i also got my visa for the new petition stamped with the US consulate, and all went well there...

Can anyone advise if i need to take any further action to get my exist updated with CBP?

Thanks

Comment

A response to the below query will be much appreciate. Thank you

Hi,

Thanks

Comment

This won;t be an issue. Don;t stress so much on that. Your job is to ake sure that you return all your I-94 when you return and it is up to them to record the exit records correctly. From your side, make sure you keep a copy of all your entry / exit records and I-94. If there is a problem in the future, these records will help you. However, when you enter U.S again, make sure your I-94 records show the right entry date. That is very important.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks

I am curious if you found a solution to this ? I fear that this would be the case for anyone leaving USA with a new passport as the key to update the old i94 is the Passport number and Airlines must pass the old Passport to update the old i94 with the departure record. Unfortunately there is no documentation on this scenario

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X