Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the process of Visa Revalidation in cse of Change of Status for H1B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the process of Visa Revalidation in cse of Change of Status for H1B?

Hi All,

My petition for H1B was filed as COS (Change of Status) and it got approved. My Change of Status happened on October 1, 2015 from F1 to H1B. I am planning to fly to India next year early January. I would like to know the process for getting the visa revalidation. Also, when I would be flying out of US now, should I get travel signatures from my Grad School here?

Thanks!

Not sure what you mean by "getting the visa revalidation". Are you saying that you want to exit and re-enter back in F1 visa?

If your COS happened in October, then your current status is H1B and you should be working and getting paid to maintain the H1B status. If not you are considered out of status on H1B. If you are going to apply for a H1B visa, then you do not need anything from your Grad school. If you are applying for F1 visa, then you need documents from your DSO to prove that you are enrolled in a program. If you already have a valid F1 visa and if you are planning to return back on F1 to be a student, then you will need a letter from your Grad school to show at the POE.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X