Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b visa interview requirement if the H1b visa extension has not expired

Hi All,

Do i need to go for visa stamping if i have a valid visa stamped from my previous employer?

Here is my situation.
    My passport is currently stamped with my previous employer h1b visa extension till 06/29/2016. I changed my job last year and after the visa transfer now i have a new i797 which expires on 09/11/2017. Can someone help with this please. I am a little confused on whether i will need to go for visa interview again as i had heard only when the h1b extension has expired we need to go for the visa interview again and get the visa stamped on passport.

Thanks!

You can use the existing valid H1B visa in the passport to re-enter U.S. Usually the I-94 is issued till the petition expiry date. But in recent times, sometimes the officer at the POE will issue the I-94 till the visa expiry date instead of the petition expiry date. If that happens, then you will get an I-94 only for 6 months instead of till 2017. In which case, you will have to file an extension again before that I-94 expires. If you are okay with that, then you can re-enter using the existing visa in the passport. If you want an extended I-94, then you have to attend the visa interview with the new approval notice.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X