Changing the company before/after the visa interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the company before/after the visa interview

I already got an approved H1B petetion ( filed under the cap) , and planning to go for VISA interview.
    But, I have an offer from a different company to which I want to join, Can you please help with following questions.

1) Changing the company after the VISA interview.
    2) Can I change the company before VISA interview, and go for the VISA interview in january or feburary.
    Last edited by supercharger; 12-13-2015, 01:59 AM.

1) Changing the company after the VISA interview.
    >>> What is your question? You can change the employer anytime.

2) Can I change the company before VISA interview, and go for the VISA interview in january or feburary.
    >>> You can. To work for the new employer, a H1B transfer should be filed and it should be approved before you travel.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

changing the company after the visa interview

Can you please answer this follow up question.

After the visa interview but before travelling to USA, Can I change the company ? If I did do I have to go for VISA interview again ?

Comment

After the visa interview but before travelling to USA, Can I change the company ? If I did do I have to go for VISA interview again ?
        >>> Yes, you can change employer after the visa stamping. You can use the existing H1B visa in the passport to travel to work for the new employer. But you need a valid H1B approval notice to work for the new employer. Meaning, the employer should file a transfer and get it approved.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X