H1B - change of petitioner - dropbox eligibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - change of petitioner - dropbox eligibility

My previous Visa (previous employer) is from Sep 2012 to August 2015. I changed my job and so my employer is also changed in Dec 2014. My new petitioner's approved date (Dates in 797B ) is from January 2015 to Sep 2017. I am planning to go to India in Jan 2016. As I filled my DS 160 form, the website says that I am eligible for Dropbox Interview Waiver program.

My assumption is that as I changed my employer, I should not be eligible for Drop box Interview Waiver program. Below are the questions I answered on the Ds160 form.

Please can you suggest if I am eligible for the Drop box Interview waiver program ? Also is there an option on the website to book an Interview slot without going for the Dropbox option ? Thanks for your help.

Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)?
    YES

Were you denied any kind of U.S. visa after your most recent U.S. visa was issued?
    NO

Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid?
    NO

Did your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) expire within the last 12 months?

YES

Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008?

YES

Congratulations! You qualify for the “Drop Box” Interview Waiver Program. Please do not schedule an appointment at the Visa Application Center or U.S. Embassy/Consulate.
    Last edited by dprajapati; 12-14-2015, 12:11 PM. Reason: Update formatting and wording

I changed my job and so my employer is also changed in 2014. My previous Visa (previous employer) is from Sep 2012 to August 2015. My new visa (new employer) is from Dec 2015 to Sep 2017. I am planning to go to India in Jan 2016. As I filled my DS 160 form, the website says that I am eligible for Dropbox Interview Waiver program. My assumption is that as I changed my employer, I should not be eligible for Drop box Interview Waiver program.
    >>> Your assumption is wrong.

Below are the questions I answered on the Ds160 form.

Please can you suggest if I am eligible for the Drop box Interview waiver program ?
    >>> Yes.

Also is there an option on the website to book an Interview slot without going for the Dropbox option ?
    >>> No. If the system says that you are eligible for IWP, then that is the way to go.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      I changed my job and so my employer is also changed in 2014. My previous Visa (previous employer) is from Sep 2012 to August 2015. My new visa (new employer) is from Dec 2015 to Sep 2017. I am planning to go to India in Jan 2016. As I filled my DS 160 form, the website says that I am eligible for Dropbox Interview Waiver program. My assumption is that as I changed my employer, I should not be eligible for Drop box Interview Waiver program.
      >>> Your assumption is wrong.

Below are the questions I answered on the Ds160 form.

Please can you suggest if I am eligible for the Drop box Interview waiver program ?
      >>> Yes.

Also is there an option on the website to book an Interview slot without going for the Dropbox option ?
      >>> No. If the system says that you are eligible for IWP, then that is the way to go.

Thanks Shervin for your input. I updated post and re arrange wording only.

I called consulate call center and lady said that as i am eligible for drop box it should not an issue. But she also said that when I will reach India. I have to again check on CKS portal site for eligibility for drop box option.It may possible at that time they call for interview.

Does that possible currently Site is recommending for drop box and later when i will go India. On CKS site will ask for Interview?

Does any one has experienced such situation?

Comment

I called consulate call center and lady said that as i am eligible for drop box it should not an issue. But she also said that when I will reach India. I have to again check on CKS portal site for eligibility for drop box option.It may possible at that time they call for interview.

Does that possible currently Site is recommending for drop box and later when i will go India. On CKS site will ask for Interview?

Comment

Originally posted by dprajapati View Post

It is possible. Its also possible that even if one is eligible for DropBox, they may still call for an interview. If your paperwork is clean and history is clean its mostly done without an interview.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by dprajapati View Post

Hi dprajapati,

I am also in same situation. Can you please share your experience with drop box? Which consulate you went for drop box??

Comment

Dropbox Experience

I have a change in Employer in Nov 2015 and got my new petition with my new organization.

My previous H1 Visa was valid till Jan 2017, but as due to some family function, i had to travel to India in Mar 2016 <18 March>.

I decided to renew my Visa with my new petitioner and started the application.
              DS-160 -> Stanley Appointment.

In Stanley site, when i started for appointment schedule,
              Since my previous visa was valid and I renewed this Visa recently <Rule said, if my visa was renewed after 2008>, so i got the option for Dropbox eligibility.

I was worried as it was change of employer and i am receiving dropbox. i got confirmation from Consulate helpdesk as we can have dropbox.
              Was bit worried, but no other go.

I completed my application, payment of fees by NEFT and got the Dropbox Confirmation page.

In Conf page, the required and mandatory docs will be updated which is needed for dropbox submission.

No appointment is reqd for Dropbox submission but you have to follow the timelines for your visit, which will be mentioned in Stanley site.
              Mainly Mon-Fri from 10am-4 pm.

On March 22, i visited VAC nearest to me with softcopies and originals <in case, any original document is asked by VAC Officer>.
              Make sure, you take all your originals/certificates/Petition which we normally take during our Stamping Interview.

Document which i submitted to VAC for Dropbox :
              DS 160 Confirmation
              Dropbox Confirmation
              Softcopies of all the Petition (i797's).
              Passport.
              if u have old passport, take that as well.
              Photograph

Make sure, you take your latest photograph with specification/size mentioned in Dropbox <US Visa needs special passport size pic, i hope its called 2*2>
              It should be max 6 months old.
              Also, make sure your photograph does not look similar to the Pic pasted on previous Visa's or Passport. <If you are going for new phoograph, i will suggest Change your Shirt color>.

As mentioned above, i took all my original and remaining docs as such LCA/Petition other Docs etc etc.

VAC officer asked me couple of question related to docs which i brought and will take your passport, pic and softcopies of the docs which are mentioned in Dropbox confirmation.
              VAC officer will give you the acknowledgement of dropbox submission.

You can track the status of you Visa stamping.

For my case, below was the update in tracker :
              March 23- Holiday
              March 24 : My Passport was sent to Embassy/Consulate for processing.
              March 25th - March 27th : Holiday. The same status was updated in Tracker.
              March 28th : Status changed as "passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery"
              March 29th : Passport has been sent to pick up location.

March 31st : i picked my passport with the new Visa stamped.

So, if you are eligible for Dropbox even though you have a change in Employer,
              consider yourself lucky as it is very easy process and saves lot of your time.
              Specially for those people, who stays far from Consulate location.

Make sure all your docs are correct and get your visa stamped without any tension.

Dropbox will take max of 4-5 working days if all goes correct. For my case, since there were couple of consular holidays as Holi, Good Friday, Weekend.
              So number of days were more for my case.

Good Luck with your dropbox and visa stamping.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X