Unused and Expired H1B Visa Transfer or Renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unused and Expired H1B Visa Transfer or Renewal

My H1B petition got approved in 2008 and went for Visa stamping in Dec 2008.

I never used the H1B to travel USA but I traveled on B1.

When I went for B1 Visa stamping 2012, they did the stamping on my H1B 'Cancelled without Prejudice.'

I left the organization who has filed for H1B and dont have petition copy with me. But I have the Petition number which was there on the Visa stamping.

1. Am I eligible now for H1 Renewal/Transfer. If yes, what would be the procedure?

2. If Yes, Can I apply with Petition/Receipt number what I have even I dont have a copy of old Petition.

3. Is there any issue with stamp on my H1B like 'Cancelled without Prejudice.'

Can someone please help me for further proceed.

1. Am I eligible now for H1 Renewal/Transfer. If yes, what would be the procedure?
    >>> You are not eligible. H1B cap is valid only for 6 years.

2. If Yes, Can I apply with Petition/Receipt number what I have even I dont have a copy of old Petition.
    >>> N/A. Most employer will not even consider filing the transfer without a copy of the approval notice.

3. Is there any issue with stamp on my H1B like 'Cancelled without Prejudice.'
    >>> No issues.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X