Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Query

Hi,

I am an Indian and my H1B petition was approved this year after the RFE process. However, I got a visa for only 1 year. I am based out of Singapore at the moment and it looks difficult for me to make it to the US before the visa expiry date, although I am trying my best to move.

Can someone please answer 3 queries:

1. In case I do not go to the US before October next year (visa expiry) will I be able to apply for an H1B again (through my company), in 2017 - without going through the lottery?

2. In case I do go make it by, lets say July next year, will I be able to extend my visa by another 3-4 years - assuming have all documents (SOW etc) in order?

3. Can I get my visa stamped at Singapore (instead of Chennai - where my visa was filed from)?

Thanks!
    Ankit

Originally posted by ankit.bhardwaj View Post
    Hi,

I am an Indian and my H1B petition was approved this year after the RFE process. However, I got a visa for only 1 year. I am based out of Singapore at the moment and it looks difficult for me to make it to the US before the visa expiry date, although I am trying my best to move.

Can someone please answer 3 queries:

1. In case I do not go to the US before October next year (visa expiry) will I be able to apply for an H1B again (through my company), in 2017 - without going through the lottery?

2. In case I do go make it by, lets say July next year, will I be able to extend my visa by another 3-4 years - assuming have all documents (SOW etc) in order?

3. Can I get my visa stamped at Singapore (instead of Chennai - where my visa was filed from)?

Thanks!
    Ankit
    1. Yes.
    2. Yes
    3. If you have been working there for some time I think so.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X