Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Amendment while 221G and when possibility of rejection due to 221G

Hi Everyone,
    I am really looking for some expert advise on My H1B case. Please go thru my details below and provide your valuable suggestions -

I work for reputed employer in India and my H1B was approved for 2016 quota on August 4th with original documentation provided in March-2015 for Client ABC.
    In between, in Month of May 2015, I started working for client XYZ thru same employer.
    However, When I went for stamping on 28-29th Sep 2015 , I took documents for my previous client ABC along with me as suggested by employer. At the time of interview, VO asked few basic questions and handed over 221G saying 'Your case will need additional time for admin processing' .
    After waiting for almost 80 days, USCIS sent an inquiry on 14th Dec 2015 to client ABC to inquire about my position and they responded saying, I was active till May 2015 and not working anymore for them which is a truth.
    I have not yet received any response back from USCIS or Embessy till date, but looking at my case, I see high probability of VISA rejection. What are the ways to handle my case. Please suggest -
    1. Can I ask my employer to file H1B amendment with client XYZ docs and withdrawal of existing VISA application which is under 221G once amendment is approved?
    2. or Wait for reply from USCIS or Embessy for pending 221G inquiry which is most probably going to be rejection? or will they ask for additional docs?
    3. Any other thoughts?

Please let me know if need further details about my case.

Originally posted by sundar1986 View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I am really looking for some expert advise on My H1B case. Please go thru my details below and provide your valuable suggestions -

I work for reputed employer in India and my H1B was approved for 2016 quota on August 4th with original documentation provided in March-2015 for Client ABC.
    In between, in Month of May 2015, I started working for client XYZ thru same employer.
    However, When I went for stamping on 28-29th Sep 2015 , I took documents for my previous client ABC along with me as suggested by employer. At the time of interview, VO asked few basic questions and handed over 221G saying 'Your case will need additional time for admin processing' .
    After waiting for almost 80 days, USCIS sent an inquiry on 14th Dec 2015 to client ABC to inquire about my position and they responded saying, I was active till May 2015 and not working anymore for them which is a truth.
    I have not yet received any response back from USCIS or Embessy till date, but looking at my case, I see high probability of VISA rejection. What are the ways to handle my case. Please suggest -
    1. Can I ask my employer to file H1B amendment with client XYZ docs and withdrawal of existing VISA application which is under 221G once amendment is approved?
    2. or Wait for reply from USCIS or Embessy for pending 221G inquiry which is most probably going to be rejection? or will they ask for additional docs?
    3. Any other thoughts?

Please let me know if need further details about my case.
    You should not have gone ahead and attended interview with old information. USCIS may eventually revoke the petition, if it finds out the fraudulent intent.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You should not have gone ahead and attended interview with old information. USCIS may eventually revoke the petition, if it finds out the fraudulent intent.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks Raghvi for prompt reply..
      I was not aware about this kind of scenarios and just wend ahead with Employers suggestions and it turned out to be nightmare for me.. Can you please suggest if anything can be done in my case like withdrawal of 221G aapplication, then do H1 amendment and go for stamping with correct client details this time?

Comment

H1 B Amendment for One Address Change(Out of 3 on LCA) and New client added

Hi,
        Is it fine to go for H1-B stamping when the H1-B and LCA Amendment is filed and in progress for an Address change (for one of the addresses out of the three in the LCA, due to a new project with a client in a different location). I have the new and old certified LCA and the new Amendment application as documentation. Occasionally, I work from home and my company's main headquarter's address and my home address are on the old and new LCA. I have my current I-797 valid till 2018, but with H1-B Amendment for the address change, my lawyer says I would get a new one. Background of my company - it is a 100 yrs old company into consulting and has more than 10,000 employees.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X