Passport renewal with NEW H-1B stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport renewal with NEW H-1B stamp

My H-1B extension with my current employer just got approved with expiration date 12/12/2018.I am travelling to India from January 29,2016 to March 18,2016. My Indian passport expires on September 10,2016.This passport as all the H-1B stamps from all my previous employers including the current employer.

1) My question is that when I return back to U.S.A on March 18, will the immigration officer at port-of-entry issue me a I-94 based on my passport expiry OR the I-94 that I have on my I-797?

2) I am planning to renew my passport under 'tatkal' process which is basically a faster way to get new passport. In that case, should I get my new H-1B visa stamped on NEW passport OR Is it ok to get the H-1B visa stamped on old passport and carry BOTH old and new passports while returning back to U.S.A?

Any responses will be highly appreciated!!!

Originally posted by sanjaysinha84 View Post
    My H-1B extension with my current employer just got approved with expiration date 12/12/2018.I am travelling to India from January 29,2016 to March 18,2016. My Indian passport expires on September 10,2016.This passport as all the H-1B stamps from all my previous employers including the current employer.

1) My question is that when I return back to U.S.A on March 18, will the immigration officer at port-of-entry issue me a I-94 based on my passport expiry OR the I-94 that I have on my I-797?

2) I am planning to renew my passport under 'tatkal' process which is basically a faster way to get new passport. In that case, should I get my new H-1B visa stamped on NEW passport OR Is it ok to get the H-1B visa stamped on old passport and carry BOTH old and new passports while returning back to U.S.A?

Any responses will be highly appreciated!!!
    1. It will be based on Passport Expiry.
    2. I would suggest you get it stamped on the new passport.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X