Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Filing Expired H1B - latest fees in Dec 2015

Hello,

My brand new H1B visa was filed in Sept 2005 (Employer A) and I started with the same Employer A in Jan 2006.

I have transfered H1b to another Employer B in September 2006 and I continued till September 2009.

My renewed H1b visa was valid till Feb 2012 but I left USA in Sept 2009. Till date I have not worked in USA after Sept 2009 and my H1B visa expired in Feb 2012.

Now same Employer B would be interested to RE-FILE H1B in cap-exempt quota in Dec 2015 or Jan 2016.

With reference to latest fee hike for H1b visa processing in Dec 2015, I would be interested to know following:
    1. is this latest hike in fees applicable to new H1B petitions only or to expired H1B which will be re-filed in future?
    2. what are total fees (all inclusive excluding attorney fees) and breakup of total fees for RE-FILING expired H1B in cap-exempt quota?

Please let me know above crucial / important information accordingly I have to discuss and move further with re-filing process.

Thanks & Regards!!

Originally posted by GM786 View Post
    Hello,

My brand new H1B visa was filed in Sept 2005 (Employer A) and I started with the same Employer A in Jan 2006.

I have transfered H1b to another Employer B in September 2006 and I continued till September 2009.

My renewed H1b visa was valid till Feb 2012 but I left USA in Sept 2009. Till date I have not worked in USA after Sept 2009 and my H1B visa expired in Feb 2012.

Now same Employer B would be interested to RE-FILE H1B in cap-exempt quota in Dec 2015 or Jan 2016.

With reference to latest fee hike for H1b visa processing in Dec 2015, I would be interested to know following:
    1. is this latest hike in fees applicable to new H1B petitions only or to expired H1B which will be re-filed in future?
    2. what are total fees (all inclusive excluding attorney fees) and breakup of total fees for RE-FILING expired H1B in cap-exempt quota?

Please let me know above crucial / important information accordingly I have to discuss and move further with re-filing process.

Thanks & Regards!!
    1. I believe its applicable to new ones as well as extensions. But the bill is yet to be passed by the congress. Further its applicable for companies having more than 50 people of H1/L1 and those having more than 50% of their employees on H1/L1.
    2. Its illegal to pay for ones H1. But if you want a general amount, with revised fees, it can range from 6K-12K USD depending upon attorney costs/premium or no premium etc.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X