H1b revoked and new h1b filed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b revoked and new h1b filed

I was working with employer in USA on H1B visa. I also have stamp in my passport. Recently my employer terminated my employment and send notice to USCIS to revoke my h1b.
    I found new employer willing to file for h1b. Will it be just transfer of h1b ?
    Can I start to work with new employer once USCIS receives my new application for h1b or do I have to wait till h1b is approved?
    Do I have to leave USA and come back to get legal status ?

Originally posted by neotest View Post
    I was working with employer in USA on H1B visa. I also have stamp in my passport. Recently my employer terminated my employment and send notice to USCIS to revoke my h1b.
    I found new employer willing to file for h1b. Will it be just transfer of h1b ?
    Can I start to work with new employer once USCIS receives my new application for h1b or do I have to wait till h1b is approved?
    Do I have to leave USA and come back to get legal status ?
    Is transfer filed in premium? When is your last day? When is your I-94 expiring? When is your Visa stamp expiring?

First thing would advise is ask employer to pay for your return ticket (they are legally bound to pay you). Whether you travel or not is upto you.

Secondly ask new employer to file for transfer in premium.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Is transfer filed in premium? When is your last day? When is your I-94 expiring? When is your Visa stamp expiring?

First thing would advise is ask employer to pay for your return ticket (they are legally bound to pay you). Whether you travel or not is upto you.

Secondly ask new employer to file for transfer in premium.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

I will ask to file for premium. My last day was 16 and new employer filed LCA on 17 which will take 7 days and then petition for h1b which I will try to do in premium.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X