Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i go for H4 stamping while spouse H1 extension is pending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i go for H4 stamping while spouse H1 extension is pending?

Hi All,
    Can some one help me to get some clarity on my situation please?
    I am currently living in india. My spouse is working in US on H1. Her H1 will get expired on Dec 2015 hence on Oct 1st 2015 they applied for her H1 extension and got receipt notice dated Oct 1 2015. But still it is pending on processing (Filed under regular processing).
    Now i want to travel US and for that I want to get H4 visa stamping for me and my son, should i wait for her H1 extension result to come up or i shall go ahead now itself to appear for H4 stamping?
    If i shall appear for H4 stamping now itself (Before her H1 extension approval) what are all the documents i need to carry since i don't have her current H1 approval as her H1 extension is still pending?

Thanks,
    Sundar

Originally posted by meeunda View Post
    Hi All,
    Can some one help me to get some clarity on my situation please?
    I am currently living in india. My spouse is working in US on H1. Her H1 will get expired on Dec 2015 hence on Oct 1st 2015 they applied for her H1 extension and got receipt notice dated Oct 1 2015. But still it is pending on processing (Filed under regular processing).
    Now i want to travel US and for that I want to get H4 visa stamping for me and my son, should i wait for her H1 extension result to come up or i shall go ahead now itself to appear for H4 stamping?
    If i shall appear for H4 stamping now itself (Before her H1 extension approval) what are all the documents i need to carry since i don't have her current H1 approval as her H1 extension is still pending?

Thanks,
    Sundar
    I would not suggest that. Have H1 extension upgraded to premium if you want to get a faster response.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Ragvi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X