Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we need to go for stamping again ??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do we need to go for stamping again ??

    I have situation here, I got visa stamped me(H1) and my wife(H4) recently. Visa expired on SEPT 2016. I will be planning to travel on JAN 2016. Our visa and petition will be extend whenever its required. We be travelling back to India NOV/DEC 2016 due to attend one marriage. If we come back to India do we need to go for visa stamping again as it will be expired on SEPT 2016

  • #2
    Originally posted by rajivsharma View Post
    I have situation here, I got visa stamped me(H1) and my wife(H4) recently. Visa expired on SEPT 2016. I will be planning to travel on JAN 2016. Our visa and petition will be extend whenever its required. We be travelling back to India NOV/DEC 2016 due to attend one marriage. If we come back to India do we need to go for visa stamping again as it will be expired on SEPT 2016
    You mean Sep 2015? Then yes, you need a new visa stamp. You may he eligible for Dropbox.

    This is my opinion not legal advice.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You mean Sep 2015? Then yes, you need a new visa stamp. You may he eligible for Dropbox.

      This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Once I reach USA(JAN end 2016) I will apply for H1b extension and it will be 1 year I think which means it will be valid till SEPT 2017. I will be coming to India on NOV/DEC 2016 but still I need to go for visa interview ?

      Comment


      • #4
        You need a valid visa to enter U.S. If you have an extended petition, then it is better to get the visa stamped based on the new petition so when you enter U.S, your I-94 is issued as per the petition expiry date (since visa will also expire on the same date if you go for stamping).

        Originally posted by rajivsharma View Post
        Once I reach USA(JAN end 2016) I will apply for H1b extension and it will be 1 year I think which means it will be valid till SEPT 2017. I will be coming to India on NOV/DEC 2016 but still I need to go for visa interview ?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

        Comment

        Working...
        X