Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 A to H1B after I 140 is approved

Hi,

I was in US on L1 B and later transferred to L1A. My L1 A is maxing out on May 2016. I would like to know ,if I can apply for a new H1B in April 2016. My I 140 is approved.

So considering the I 140 status, Can I apply for a new H1 in 2016?

Refreshing the thread..Could you guys let me know what you think

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rose2000 View Post
      Refreshing the thread..Could you guys let me know what you think

Thanks!
      Have you ever had H1 before? If not, I am in the same situation except that my L1A is maxing out in May 2017. . And Until a month before I was told L1 to H conversion will have to happen through CAP and it doesn't matter if I have touched 6 years as long as I am PERM certified.
      But now, I am told that there is a change in the policy and I have to be outside of US for 365 days continuous and then apply for H1 CAP again. This may be the case for you as well.

Comment

Originally posted by narendiranm View Post
        Have you ever had H1 before? If not, I am in the same situation except that my L1A is maxing out in May 2017. . And Until a month before I was told L1 to H conversion will have to happen through CAP and it doesn't matter if I have touched 6 years as long as I am PERM certified.
        But now, I am told that there is a change in the policy and I have to be outside of US for 365 days continuous and then apply for H1 CAP again. This may be the case for you as well.
        An approved I140 or a PERM pending for over 365 days can only help in extending an already approved H1 petition. It cannot be used to get a new H1 petition immediately after completion of the max out period of L1. You first need to be part of the H1 cap , which you cannot be in 2016 as you already maxed out on L1. Advisable to leave US and stay outside for 1 Year and then apply in fresh cap.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Raghvi. The Below rule that you mentioned was always the case,or this is a recent policy change?

"An approved I140 or a PERM pending for over 365 days can only help in extending an already approved H1 petition. It cannot be used to get a new H1 petition immediately after completion of the max out period of L1"

Comment

Raghvi - Could you tell if the below was a recent policy change or this clause was there, when AC 21 was formed.

"An approved I140 or a PERM pending for over 365 days can only help in extending an already approved H1 petition. It cannot be used to get a new H1 petition immediately after completion of the max out period of L1"

Comment

Hey Narendiranm- Do you if this is a recent policy chage?

- - - Updated - - -

Raghvi - Could you tell if the below was a recent policy change or this clause was there, when AC 21 was formed.

Comment

Hello narendiranm,

I am also in the same situation now, my L1A max out is in May 2019 and I am in my 6th hear of stay in US now in L1A. I have I-140 approved, Can I apply for H1B in 2018 (considering my 6 years will be completed in May 2018 but have I-140 approved), Could you please help amd let me know what options did you get ?

Comment

Hi,
                  I have similar issue. My L1A max out is Nov 2018. I have an approved I-140. Will I be able to apply for a new H1B in April 2018? Is there any rule in USCIS preventing candidates from changing to H1 on the last year of L1A? Please suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by RJoseph1mmiHelp View Post
                    Hi,
                    I have similar issue. My L1A max out is Nov 2018. I have an approved I-140. Will I be able to apply for a new H1B in April 2018? Is there any rule in USCIS preventing candidates from changing to H1 on the last year of L1A? Please suggest.
                    I am also on same boat but trying for H1 CAP after 6 years on L1 based on below information on usics site - https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/...0-0-13813.html....Click image for larger version

Name:	USICS Info.jpg
Views:	2329
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	723900

Comment

L1A & I94 is valid through August,2021. Picked H1B in this year, have approved I-140 in EB2.Can be possible to COS from L1A to H1B in Oct,2020 and extenstion?
                      6th year will be completed in US on August,2020 but L1A &i94 valid up to August,2021. Plan to have trip outside US for 1 month in May-June time frame, but because of COVID-19 it will not possible. Please help me ow to activate my H1B.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X