Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need legal advice on visa stamping

Hi Team,

I would need your legal advice on my below mentioned scenario, I know this is an old question however wanted to know what is the latest update for 2016.

My dependents(H4) have i-797 form approved for Emp A until Nov 2018.
    However, the VISA stamp on my dependents(H4) passport bears my old employer B, and the expiry there is Feb-2017.
    Now they are planning for a short vacation to India(home country). Jan 6- Feb 22(2016)

My question is:
    Do they need to get re-stamped at US consulate in Chennai-India? If yes, do they also need to go for the Bio-metrics interview?

Regards
    Eajaz

Originally posted by Eajaz View Post
    Hi Team,

I would need your legal advice on my below mentioned scenario, I know this is an old question however wanted to know what is the latest update for 2016.

My dependents(H4) have i-797 form approved for Emp A until Nov 2018.
    However, the VISA stamp on my dependents(H4) passport bears my old employer B, and the expiry there is Feb-2017.
    Now they are planning for a short vacation to India(home country). Jan 6- Feb 22(2016)

My question is:
    Do they need to get re-stamped at US consulate in Chennai-India? If yes, do they also need to go for the Bio-metrics interview?

Regards
    Eajaz

I also want to mention that: The VISA expiry on my passport is OCT 2014.

Comment

Technically, not required. However, keep in mind the I-94 can be issued only till the visa expiry date (Feb 2017 instead of Nov 2018). In which case, you need to file their H4 extension before the new I-94 expiry date. If you want their I-94s to be Nob 2018, then they need to go for the visa stamping.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X