Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Employer running dummy payroll to maintain H1b visa status. What are the risks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer running dummy payroll to maintain H1b visa status. What are the risks?

I have been on bench for the past 5 months, and my employer has been running dummy payroll i.e i.e. Tax withheld, Social security and medicare and also some monthly charges for generation of payroll. He says that it is the only way to maintain H1b visa and stop me from going back to India. I am returning part of the salary as it is to employer's family and friends. I am afraid that someone may complaint about this wrongdoing to the authorities? A couple of my colleagues know about it, and I am afraid that they will complaint about this. Who can they complaint to? What will happen to me after that? Will my employer also be reprimanded? They know how much amount I transfer every month and they also know the recipients?

If the authorities ask me to show my bank accounts, then it can easily be proved what is happening.

Please help!

- Kumar

Find another employer asap.

In my personal opinion find a new employer and transfer your H1B, port your priority date if you have. Stop being a party to this fraud asap.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X