Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g blue slip -email documents

Hi all

I had my interview today and wanted to know if anyone faced the same situation as I did today.

I finished my masters in USA , was on OPT and then had my H1B approved. I've been since working with a big4. I am currently on vacation and had my interview today at chennai.

I did not have my old I20 and OPT card so i was unable to show I maintained status. The VO asked if the documents were in chennai and if I can go and get them right away and I was ready. He then told me he had a better idea to make it faster and asked me to email the three documents. He also retained my passport and told me he would finalise everything today. I was given a blue slip with a case number. The slip also had the email address. I have already emailed the documents. Any idea how long will the whole thing take ? I need to fly back in two weeks.

Thanks
    Praveen

Originally posted by Praveen Chandran View Post
    Hi all

I had my interview today and wanted to know if anyone faced the same situation as I did today.

I finished my masters in USA , was on OPT and then had my H1B approved. I've been since working with a big4. I am currently on vacation and had my interview today at chennai.

I did not have my old I20 and OPT card so i was unable to show I maintained status. The VO asked if the documents were in chennai and if I can go and get them right away and I was ready. He then told me he had a better idea to make it faster and asked me to email the three documents. He also retained my passport and told me he would finalise everything today. I was given a blue slip with a case number. The slip also had the email address. I have already emailed the documents. Any idea how long will the whole thing take ? I need to fly back in two weeks.

Thanks
    Praveen
    Cannot tell for sure. There is no time limit for admin processing. But if VO assured you then high chances.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Cannot tell for sure. There is no time limit for admin processing. But if VO assured you then high chances.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks. My status updates to visa issues and passport is ready for pick up. I'm glad it just took two days to clear the administrative proceeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Praveen Chandran View Post
        Hi all

Thanks
        Praveen
        Praveen, Did you receive any automated response/acknowledgement from the consulate after submitting these documents? Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X