Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b extension

Hi there,
    My employer placed a request for my visa extension (regular/non-premium) on July 23 2015 and received the receipt# on Aug 23rd. However, the VISA status still shows as RECEIVED and there are no further updates.

My currently petition is valid through Jan 10th 2016; at this point, if I continue to live and work in US beyond Jan 10th while my visa is still getting renewed, is it legal?

Kindly let me know and thank you for your inputs in advance.

Originally posted by vselva View Post
    Hi there,
    My employer placed a request for my visa extension (regular/non-premium) on July 23 2015 and received the receipt# on Aug 23rd. However, the VISA status still shows as RECEIVED and there are no further updates.

My currently petition is valid through Jan 10th 2016; at this point, if I continue to live and work in US beyond Jan 10th while my visa is still getting renewed, is it legal?

Kindly let me know and thank you for your inputs in advance.
    If extension was filed before I-94 expiry then you can stay and work upto 240 Days from your I-94 expiry. You may not be able to get your driver's licence beyond I-94 expiry.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      If extension was filed before I-94 expiry then you can stay and work upto 240 Days from your I-94 expiry. You may not be able to get your driver's licence beyond I-94 expiry.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks a lot Raghvi for taking time to reply. I live in the state of CT where the Drivers license expiry is not tied to i94 expiry. Therefore, I'm covered.

Once again thank you for your inputs.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X