Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New employer I797 -Old employer H1B stamp -travelling canada

hi all,

I am planning to Travel with family to canada for some personal work. probably in June/ or july 2016 month for 4 to 5 days.

I am not going for H1 stamping.i have few questions if you can check with lawyer or guide me .

question/situation :

1. Old Employer H1b stamp valid this first week of Sep 2016 for all members.
    2. Old employer revoked old H1b petition.
    3. I have new I 797 for all member from new employer.
    4. my elder son have stamp on old passport with valid stamp on it. now we have new passport for him.

plz check above question and guide i will able to re -enter to USA from canada with old employer stamp and new I797.

Expert help needed Thanks in advance

Originally posted by ckshah View Post
    hi all,

I am planning to Travel with family to canada for some personal work. probably in June/ or july 2016 month for 4 to 5 days.

I am not going for H1 stamping.i have few questions if you can check with lawyer or guide me .

question/situation :

1. Old Employer H1b stamp valid this first week of Sep 2016 for all members.
    2. Old employer revoked old H1b petition.
    3. I have new I 797 for all member from new employer.
    4. my elder son have stamp on old passport with valid stamp on it. now we have new passport for him.

plz check above question and guide i will able to re -enter to USA from canada with old employer stamp and new I797.

Expert help needed Thanks in advance
    You should be able to return back using old visa, but may get I-94 only till Sep 2016 and would have to file for extension once in US. Should always try to keep visa and petition in sync.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

hi

i already have new i797 from new employer and in i797 at bottom i think we can see i94 number and new validty rt?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You should be able to return back using old visa, but may get I-94 only till Sep 2016 and would have to file for extension once in US. Should always try to keep visa and petition in sync.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      hi

i already have new i797 from new employer and in i797 at bottom i think we can see i94 number and new validty rt?

Comment

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
          i am planning so stay 4 to 5 days

Comment

In that case, they will most likely ask you to keep the same I-94 that you have instead of issuing a new one. They usually do this when people visit Canada / Mexico on such short trips. But that is only a most likely case. It is up to the officer to decide whether to issue a new I-94 with lesser validity (one that matches your visa).

Originally posted by ckshah View Post
            i am planning so stay 4 to 5 days
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

1.so while going out from usa do need to give/submit i94 anywere?

2. while cming back i can show them my new i797 extension and in same i797 at bottom i94 attached and my old employer visa stamp rt?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X