H1B Consular Notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Consular Notification

I have a few question regarding my H1 visa.
    My h1 visa got picked this year , but it came with a consular notification. I have not violated any immigration laws ever.

I wanted to know the following:

1. What other means can be applied to remove the consular notification other than stamping?
    2. Can I can get my visa transferred to another company with just the i797 copy that i have?
    3. Will the transfer remove the notification?

1. What other means can be applied to remove the consular notification other than stamping?
    >>> What was the reason given for approval under consular process? Get a copy of form I-129 from your employer and check to see if they filed it for CP. If everything is fine, then the employer can challenge the decision. If it is USCIS's mistake, they will fix it for free. If it was employer's mistake, then they can file an amendment to change the CP to COS. It will take 5-6 months by normal process and 15 days by premium.

2. Can I can get my visa transferred to another company with just the i797 copy that i have?
    >>> Yes.

3. Will the transfer remove the notification?
    >>> Transfer will come with a new H1B approval notice. The new approval can be for CP or COS.It depends on how the employer files the petition.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X