Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa transfer - while extension in process with expired I94

Hello Seniors,

I am on H1B visa and my I94 got expired as of Dec 10th and my employer had already filed my extension 3 months before my visa expiry date.
    Also, my current project with my client got wrapped up. With that said

1) Can I apply for a H1B transfer to a new company (I am staying in US with my receipt number).
    2) What are the chances of my new H1B transfer approval?
    3) If I stick to my old employer and searches for a new project. What if my extension gets an RFE (Shall I submit my new client letter for the RFE response)
    4) I am in BayArea, CA. Moving clients with in the same MSA, does it need H1B amendment?

Please let me know.

1) Can I apply for a H1B transfer to a new company (I am staying in US with my receipt number).
    >>> Yes. But it will be a bridge petition. The approval of the transfer will depend on approval of the extension. So if the current employer withdraws the petition, you will be in trouble.

2) What are the chances of my new H1B transfer approval?
    >>> Are you asking for predictions? It depends on the documents your new employer submits and old employer keeping the extension intact until the transfer gets approved.

3) If I stick to my old employer and searches for a new project. What if my extension gets an RFE (Shall I submit my new client letter for the RFE response)
    >>> It worn't work that way. To change the work site location, a new LCA need to be filed first and that should get approved.

4) I am in BayArea, CA. Moving clients with in the same MSA, does it need H1B amendment?
    >>> Yes.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X