Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I change job after 140 approval but before H1b extension's approval?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I change job after 140 approval but before H1b extension's approval?

I have an approved EB2 140, and my 6yrs H1b has passed, currently I'm waiting for my H1b extension to be approved, i.e., I am on an authorized stay status.
    Now I want to join another company for relocation reason. Should I wait for my H1b extension approval first then do the H1b transfer, or the new company can file a separate extension on my behalf at this time? Also, I only have a H1b extension receipt but no 140 approval notice, as my current company says it is their property to own my 140. I don't need the new company to sponsor my GC as I planned to submit 485 through family, but that may also take around a year.
    Thank you for your advice!

I have an approved EB2 140, and my 6yrs H1b has passed, currently I'm waiting for my H1b extension to be approved, i.e., I am on an authorized stay status.
    Now I want to join another company for relocation reason. Should I wait for my H1b extension approval first then do the H1b transfer, or the new company can file a separate extension on my behalf at this time?
    >>> You can file it now. If your I-94 has already expired, then the new petition will have to filed as a bridge petition. If you still have a valid I-94, then it is easy.

Also, I only have a H1b extension receipt but no 140 approval notice, as my current company says it is their property to own my 140. I don't need the new company to sponsor my GC as I planned to submit 485 through family, but that may also take around a year.
    >>> Well, you need a copy of your I-140 to file a transfer beyond the 6th year in H1B. If the employer won't give it to you, then file a FOIA request and get it. It will take about 6 months to get a copy provided you request only your PERM and I-140 documents instead of everything, but it is worth it.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X