Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying visa as H4 to H1 thru COS while 1-94 is expired

hi,

i am currently on H4 ,can i apply for H4 to h1 thru COS as my 1-94 is expired?

my husband is going to convert h1 extension from regular to premium..

So will my extension also convert automatically when my husband's petition got approved?

>>> Possible if your H4 extension was filed before your I-94 expiry date. The petition will be a bridge petition. Search and read about bridge petitions. If your I-94 has expired and if you have not filed your H4 extension yet, then your stay currently is illegal and you cannot file a COS to H1B.

So will my extension also convert automatically when my husband's petition got approved?
    >>> There is no premium processing for H4. But in most cases, when H1B and H4 are filed together, when H1B gets a decision, they will also work on the H4 application. But that is not a guarantee.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> Possible if your H4 extension was filed before your I-94 expiry date. The petition will be a bridge petition. Search and read about bridge petitions. If your I-94 has expired and if you have not filed your H4 extension yet, then your stay currently is illegal and you cannot file a COS to H1B.

>>> There is no premium processing for H4. But in most cases, when H1B and H4 are filed together, when H1B gets a decision, they will also work on the H4 application. But that is not a guarantee.
      hi

my Extension was filed along with my husband's extension before expiring date. so m i legally elligible for file COS to H1B without waiting for approval?

Comment

You can file a COS to H1B based on the pending H4 extension (receipt notice). Like I said, it will be a bridge petition.

Originally posted by gurp273 View Post
        hi

my Extension was filed along with my husband's extension before expiring date. so m i legally elligible for file COS to H1B without waiting for approval?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X