H4 I-485 filing and EAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 I-485 filing and EAD

I am on H4 visa, got my I-140 approved (with current priority date). My spouse is primary H1b and wishes to change the job (in May-June) but need to resign from present post at least 3 mo in advance. Once my spouse changes job a new H1b (transfer) will come into effect. Is it wise to apply for I-485 now or wait for some time ? Any advice?

If you change job, then the GC process need to restart from PERM. The previous employer may not file I-485 when you are no longer working for them. Once you file I-485 and receive an EAD you are allowed to chage jobs, but only after 6 months from receiving the EAD to avoid unnecessary questing while I-485 gets processed.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      If you change job, then the GC process need to restart from PERM. The previous employer may not file I-485 when you are no longer working for them. Once you file I-485 and receive an EAD you are allowed to chage jobs, but only after 6 months from receiving the EAD to avoid unnecessary questing while I-485 gets processed.
      My I-140 application is under EB1a category and not employment based. Any suggestion on this line.

Comment

In that case, there is no reason to hold back on filing I-485. The sooner you file it, it is better.

Originally posted by docalka1997 View Post
        My I-140 application is under EB1a category and not employment based. Any suggestion on this line.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X