Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If H1b for USA Stamped on India Passport and then If I get Citizenship of Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If H1b for USA Stamped on India Passport and then If I get Citizenship of Australia

Hi Guys,

If H1b Stamped on India Passport and then If I get Citizenship of Australia, What would happen to my H1b Visa which was stamped on Indian Passport? My H1b will be still valid and I may travel to USA or Not?

My H1b got Approved and stamping is pending and I am planing to take Citizenship in a year and then I can travel on H1b. But After Getting Citizenship, I will get new Passport from Australia Government and I am not sure my H1b which was stamped on India passport will be valid or not.

Please guide.

Thanks

Originally posted by shiv11 View Post
    Hi Guys,

If H1b Stamped on India Passport and then If I get Citizenship of Australia, What would happen to my H1b Visa which was stamped on Indian Passport? My H1b will be still valid and I may travel to USA or Not?

My H1b got Approved and stamping is pending and I am planing to take Citizenship in a year and then I can travel on H1b. But After Getting Citizenship, I will get new Passport from Australia Government and I am not sure my H1b which was stamped on India passport will be valid or not.

Please guide.

Thanks
    Once you get Australian passport you would have to surrender Indian passport. You would need to exit US and get yourself the H1 stamp on the Australian passport.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X