Appointment Location Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appointment Location Problem

I am going for my H1B visa interview on April 24 2006 in "NEW DELHI". I have a problem.The employer or may be the INS in my petition file(I-*** document) has entered the consulate for visa interview as new delhi. According to the Visa Consulate rules :"The applicant should take appointment in the area of their jurisdiction which is determined by where the applicant was staying for the past six months".But i have stayed for the past 6 months in hyderabad A.P which comes under the jurisdiction of chennai consulate.
    Will it be a major problem in the interview?
    would the interviewer ask why have youtook appointment in new delhi?
    will it be considered flawed visa appointment application ?
    i was told by someone in the worst case they mite shift my appointment to chennai.
    What to say if they dont relocate my interview ?

Hi,
    If you are from the south, i.e majority of your educational certificates and work-experience letters are from Organisations in the south, then go to Chennai. Or even if you go to Delhi, be mentally prepared to face a redirection back to Chennai.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

What will be the timeline for the redirection

Thanks Veena for the prompt reply.
      As you said my engineering certificates are from NIT-Surathkal(South) but other than that SSC,HSC are all from Gujarat.
      But ya i have worked for nearly 1.5 years in Hyderabad(South).
      I actually thought of getting the appointment in Chennai. But the employer suggested that goto NewDelhi. They mite at the max ask you to goto chennai.
      The thing is my permanent address is Dehradun(Uttaranchal). The INS mite have considered that and put me in NDelhi Jurisdiction. IS it a major documentation flaw ?
      And what would be the timeline.. if it is? Hope its not months of wait. Will it be??

Comment

Good Luck

Hi Sunmack,
        I am from Karnataka, and my jurisdiction is Chennai.
        But I went to delhi for H1 stamping becase my employer asked me to go there. I was mentally prepared for redirections to chennai.
        I went on 6th feb And I got visa from delhi. No questions were asked why I have come to delhi.
        There were only 3 questions asked about my previous travels and my previous Visas. So dont worry. Try your luck It worked for me.

Note : If you have have earlier travlled to US or if you had U.S visa before ..its added advantage in Delhi.

-Yad

Comment

Appointment Loc problem

You made my life easy man.
          Wish you all luck.
          Will pop up some questions with time regarding the interview
          Thanks a lot!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}