H1B Visa Stamping in Trinidad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Stamping in Trinidad

I am planning to visit my parents in Trinidad and Tobago. My parents are citizens of India and hold permanent residency of Trinidad and Tobago. I am a citizen of India and currently employed in the U.S on an H1B non immigrant visa. I am not a permanent resident of Trinidad and Tobago.

Am I eligible to appear for H1B visa stamping at the Port of Spain consulate? This will be my first H1B stamping (Change of Status from F1 to H1B). I originally entered the U.S on an F1 Visa and then transitioned to H1B visa.

Please let me know.

Usually your first tine H1B stamping should be from your home country unless you completed your studies in U.S. You mentioned that you entered U.S in F1. Did you finish you studies in F1 before getting your H1B? If os, you can attend your visa stamping there. If not, be prepared to stay a bit longer if your case goes into admin processing. Since your parents already live there, you have a place to stay compared to people who get stuck in third nation countries staying in a hotel.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Yes I completed my degree. I was working on OPT first then got my H1B.

Is it okay to appear for stamping in Trinidad?

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by rob12 View Post
        Yes I completed my degree. I was working on OPT first then got my H1B.

Is it okay to appear for stamping in Trinidad?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks shervin143 for your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X