Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Visa transfer during another visa transfer in process

Dear All,

I am working for one of the company and the visa transfer for that company is still under process. But if I need to apply for another visa transfer for another company, is that possible? I have valid i94 till july 2016.

Please respond.

Thanks,
    Suman

Possible, but it will be a bridge petition. Search and read about bridge petitions.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Possible, but it will be a bridge petition. Search and read about bridge petitions.
      I read the bridge petition and as per them once the last company get the approval then I need to travel back to India and stamp it afresh . Am i right?

I have valid i94 till July 2016 still I need to do it?

Thanks,
      Suman

Comment

No. Bridging means, for the new employer's petition to get approved, your current employer's petition should also get approved. If the current employer withdraws their application (possible if you leave them when their application is under progress), then the new employer's petition will get approved only for consular process. Your old I-94 is of no use once a transfer or extension or COS is filed. The new I-94 that comes with the approval is what will decide your valid stay in the country. If the approval doesn't come with a new I-94 attached, then you should leave the country immediately and return back on a valid visa to get the I-94 at the POE. Search and read about the last action rule.

Originally posted by suman0221 View Post
        I read the bridge petition and as per them once the last company get the approval then I need to travel back to India and stamp it afresh . Am i right?

I have valid i94 till July 2016 still I need to do it?

Thanks,
        Suman
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X