Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 stamping from non home country

Hi
    I am from India and currently working in Scotland on project A on work permit whereas I have filed my H1 through project B. Can I stamp my H1 for the first time from the UK or do I need to go back to India for stamping.

Is stamping in non-home country lead to delays/rejection. Please share your experiences if any.

Thanks a lot.

First time H1B stamping on a third nation country can lead to delays since they won't be able to validate your academic certificates. But if you are okay with the delay (just in case, be prepared), then you can attend the visa interview in Scotland.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1 stamping from non home country

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      First time H1B stamping on a third nation country can lead to delays since they won't be able to validate your academic certificates. But if you are okay with the delay (just in case, be prepared), then you can attend the visa interview in Scotland.
      Thanks a lot Shervi143.

I am ok with the delays as I dont have any hurry to go to the USA. However, I want to be there before my petition expires.

Just one more clarification, as you know now I am working on UK Project A and filed my H1 through USA project B within the same company, will USCIS raise a question that why I am not working on Project B currently. Is that ok if we can work on a project other than the one through which H1 has been filed or do I need to hide from them that I am working full time on Project A.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

That is perfectly okay. People get H1B for new employers in U.S for whom they have never worked. How do you think their visas are approved? They don't care about what you are currently working. They will only care about what you will do when you are in U.S and if you have the required skills for that job. This is no reason to be concerned and you should not hide anything unnecessarily and complicate the situation.

Originally posted by mangeshbhagat View Post
        Thanks a lot Shervi143.

I am ok with the delays as I dont have any hurry to go to the USA. However, I want to be there before my petition expires.

Just one more clarification, as you know now I am working on UK Project A and filed my H1 through USA project B within the same company, will USCIS raise a question that why I am not working on Project B currently. Is that ok if we can work on a project other than the one through which H1 has been filed or do I need to hide from them that I am working full time on Project A.

Thanks again for your help.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          That is perfectly okay. People get H1B for new employers in U.S for whom they have never worked. How do you think their visas are approved? They don't care about what you are currently working. They will only care about what you will do when you are in U.S and if you have the required skills for that job. This is no reason to be concerned and you should not hide anything unnecessarily and complicate the situation.
          Thanks a lot shervin143!

I was confused but your reply clarifies everything. I presumed while stamping the H1 you have to be currently working in the same project through which you have filed the H1.

BTW, do you know someone who had stamped his/her (first time) visa in the UK on Indian passport. Just wanted to know the process and experiences.

Thanks again!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X