Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping - White Slip - PASSPORT REQUESTED

Hello All,

I attended my Visa interview on Nov 19th at Hyderabad consulate. Unfortunately, my case was kept on hold for 221G Administrative Processing and my passport was returned. After a 2 month long wait today I received a mail as follows:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Subject : PASSPORT REQUESTED - APPLICANT NAME - <name>; PASSPORT NUMBER - <number>

Dear Applicant,

This is in reference to your visa application. Please submit your passport at the VAC or VFS office at the earliest for further processing of your case.

As your application has been refused under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and you are requested to submit your passport, please log in to UStraveldocs, download the 221(g) courier submission letter and submit it along with the 221(g) refusal sheet and a copy of this email at any one of the 5 VAC or 6 VFS offices. To locate the 5 VAC and 6 VFS offices closest to you, please check UStraveldocs. There will be no fee charged for this service.

For any further queries you can call on our new call center numbers:
    From India: 040 - 4625-8222 , 0120-4844644; From US: *** 703 520 2239

You can also email us for all visa-related questions at [email protected]

Sincerely,

HYDADMIN
    U.S. Consulate General
    Hyderabad, India
    Email: [email protected]

Please be advised that you should only receive information from the U.S. Consulate or U.S. Embassy about your case. Additionally, the fees that you paid at the time you applied for your visa are the only fees that you should be paying. If any other organization, consultancy, or person contacts you regarding your visa, or requests any additional fees, please inform the Consulate at [email protected].

Privacy Act Statement

Under section 222(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), the records pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas are considered to be confidential and, with limited exception, may be used only for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the U.S. Thus, information about any particular non-immigrant visa applicant’s case cannot be divulged to third parties.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Coincidentally this is my 60th day on my case. I am not sure what does this mean. The online status on CEAC website is still showing as administrative processing, but I have received this mail asking for passport submission. So would this mean my visa is approved or rejected?

Please need your valuable suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Looks like it is approved. Otherwise there is no point in asking you to submit your passport.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi,

Wanted to check what happened with your case? i have received a similar email but not sure what it really means and why would they even request for passport if its a refusal ? appreciate if you can respond.

Thanks
      Vickram

Originally posted by aks1206 View Post
      Hello All,

I attended my Visa interview on Nov 19th at Hyderabad consulate. Unfortunately, my case was kept on hold for 221G Administrative Processing and my passport was returned. After a 2 month long wait today I received a mail as follows:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Subject : PASSPORT REQUESTED - APPLICANT NAME - <name>; PASSPORT NUMBER - <number>

Dear Applicant,

This is in reference to your visa application. Please submit your passport at the VAC or VFS office at the earliest for further processing of your case.

As your application has been refused under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and you are requested to submit your passport, please log in to UStraveldocs, download the 221(g) courier submission letter and submit it along with the 221(g) refusal sheet and a copy of this email at any one of the 5 VAC or 6 VFS offices. To locate the 5 VAC and 6 VFS offices closest to you, please check UStraveldocs. There will be no fee charged for this service.

For any further queries you can call on our new call center numbers:
      From India: 040 - 4625-8222 , 0120-4844644; From US: *** 703 520 2239

You can also email us for all visa-related questions at [email protected]

Sincerely,

HYDADMIN
      U.S. Consulate General
      Hyderabad, India
      Email: [email protected]

Please be advised that you should only receive information from the U.S. Consulate or U.S. Embassy about your case. Additionally, the fees that you paid at the time you applied for your visa are the only fees that you should be paying. If any other organization, consultancy, or person contacts you regarding your visa, or requests any additional fees, please inform the Consulate at [email protected].

Privacy Act Statement

Under section 222(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), the records pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas are considered to be confidential and, with limited exception, may be used only for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the U.S. Thus, information about any particular non-immigrant visa applicant’s case cannot be divulged to third parties.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Coincidentally this is my 60th day on my case. I am not sure what does this mean. The online status on CEAC website is still showing as administrative processing, but I have received this mail asking for passport submission. So would this mean my visa is approved or rejected?

Please need your valuable suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X