RFE on H1 Amendment,H1 extension will be filed now with the new location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE on H1 Amendment,H1 extension will be filed now with the new location

My H1b Amendment got an RFE. Need to switch job. If the H1 transfer is approved what happens to the pending RFE?

My current H1 B will expire on March 15 and my current employer is filing for extension. While my current H1 is on extension can an H1 transfer be initiated? Is there any restriction that the H1 for the new employer must be approved before the current H1 expiry which is 15th March?

My current H1 amendment got an RFE, do we need to pursue the RFE even if the new employer completes the H1 transfer?

Thanks for your help!

My H1b Amendment got an RFE. Need to switch job. If the H1 transfer is approved what happens to the pending RFE?
    >>> They are two different application. If transfer gets approved, then you can start working for the new employer. If the RFE is later denied, it won't impact you working for employer B.

My current H1 B will expire on March 15 and my current employer is filing for extension. While my current H1 is on extension can an H1 transfer be initiated?
    >>> Yes. Advisable to file file the transfer before your I-94 expiry date to avoid bridging.

Is there any restriction that the H1 for the new employer must be approved before the current H1 expiry which is 15th March?
    >>> No. But it should be filed before the expiry date.

My current H1 amendment got an RFE, do we need to pursue the RFE even if the new employer completes the H1 transfer?
    >>> Not required as long as you will quit the current employer and join the new one.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

h1 amendment RFE

HI

My H1 got was filed last year and after rfe it was approved. It was filed with employer as in-house application. Later i moved to different state and due lack of awareness my amendment was filed late by a month and and now i have got the RFE on amendment which is quite a detailed letter and one of the points mentioned is that violation of h1 t&c's. Whats the best thing to do in this scenario, is it fine to apply for the RFE or are there any other alternatives that could be taken ??

Appreciate your help in this regard.

Comment

How did you tackle your case ?

Originally posted by karan sawhney View Post
        HI

My H1 got was filed last year and after rfe it was approved. It was filed with employer as in-house application. Later i moved to different state and due lack of awareness my amendment was filed late by a month and and now i have got the RFE on amendment which is quite a detailed letter and one of the points mentioned is that violation of h1 t&c's. Whats the best thing to do in this scenario, is it fine to apply for the RFE or are there any other alternatives that could be taken ??

Appreciate your help in this regard.

May I know what happened with your case ? How did you tackle ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X