Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 online case status vs calling customer service

Hi

My spouse new company filled for his H1B transfer (as well as the I539 for me as dependent transfer/extension ) on Sep18th 2015.

He got his H1b approved in 2 weeks on Oct 2nd and at the same time We moved from that(Charlotte) location (without updating my details in USPS records) to Texas.

Now I m not sure if my H4 approval notice might have already delivered to my last address (Charlotte) in Oct 2015.
    Because few days back I got to know most probably if H4 is filled with H1B PP transfer, USCIS usually process both of them at the same time. And thus now I started inquiring for the same from our earlier apartment leasing office as well calling to USCIS Customer Service.
    Moreover, his company simply told us : The H-4 is a personal application and we have to take care of it.

Can you please suggest is there any difference b/w the case status communicated over phone by USCIS customer service AND checking case status on their website based on receipt number ? (for me both are saying the same thing that your case is received and it will be processed). Can we assume that the update taken over phone from USCIS is the latest information ?

Note: Till date USCIS case status website https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do shows status of both the application (H1B transfer PP [already approved on Oct 2nd 2015] and H4 [not sure what is the actual case status] ) as : Received and will be processed, means no update on their case status website.

We only have new H4 transfer/extension receipt number hard copy (which we got in mail in Sep 2015 from USCIS), and my earlier H4 i-94 and visa is expired 1.5 month back.

Appreciate your help !
    Thanks
    Last edited by panacea6565; 01-21-2016, 12:02 AM. Reason: highlighted

Guys please help me on this..

Atlease please suggest if calling USCIS customer service phone number 1800..... gives more updated information on H4 extension status(or in general) that what appears on USCIS case status website ?

Moreover, I have called USCIS couple of times, for my case the status is same online/over call
    Last edited by panacea6565; 01-30-2016, 04:21 PM. Reason: updated

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X