Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 conversion in US

Hi Team

I am currently working for employer A for last 5 years. I have applied for H1B from employer B for 2015 and case is approved as well. H1b is approved without change of status since i was not US while applying for H1B. I still need to go for stamping in India

mean time, Employer A is applied for L1B and travelled for 6 months in 2015 and returned to India. Now Employer A asking me to be in US one more year. Mostly i need to travel in March 2016.

I have below queries

1. Can I travel on L1B with approved H1B now?. Do i get any issue at POE?

2. Can i have both H1 stamp and L1 stamp on passport? I think at the POE, i should show visa on which i am entering US. If i show L1 VISA and documents, then H1B will be cancelled?.

3. Is it better not to go for H1B stamp?. I planning to go on L1 in March 2016 and join employer B in year-end(Dec 2016) then apply for COS for approved H1B . If i come to India after Dec 2016, then attend for H1B stamping. Is above plan works??. Do i get any issues while stamping since i may go for stamping with old petition.

4. If I have both H1B and L1B stamps now, If i travel on L1 in march 2016, then is it possible to shift to H1B later in the year. Employer B can file COS and can Shift L1 to H1?.

5. If i get both stamps, If i travel on L1 and stayed with L1 only for next 3 years, then H1B may be expired. In this situation, if i want to shift to H1B, is employer B has to file new H1 Petition or file for H1 extension?

Thanks for your assistance

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X