Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa transfer denied

Hi,
    I joined Company B in the month of Dec, 2015 after receiving the receipt no. I got the payroll from Company B for Dec already.
    We got the news that it has been denied. My previous Company A did not revoked my H1, which is valid till one more year.
    Company B is now filing an MTR. I heard from so many people that, as i have a valid I-94 for one more year, so i can stay here
    and apply for a company C.
    Can you please answer my below questions:

1) As i have a valid I94 for one more year, can i join company C once i get the receipt number?
    2) If Company A tried to revoke my H1b today, then can i still be in US with Company C visa procesS?

Thanks
    Sri

Originally posted by sriramcrm503 View Post
    Hi,
    I joined Company B in the month of Dec, 2015 after receiving the receipt no. I got the payroll from Company B for Dec already.
    We got the news that it has been denied. My previous Company A did not revoked my H1, which is valid till one more year.
    Company B is now filing an MTR. I heard from so many people that, as i have a valid I-94 for one more year, so i can stay here
    and apply for a company C.
    Can you please answer my below questions:

1) As i have a valid I94 for one more year, can i join company C once i get the receipt number?
    2) If Company A tried to revoke my H1b today, then can i still be in US with Company C visa procesS?

Thanks
    Sri
    You should not have joined merely on receipt basis.

Merely having a valid I-94 does not make you in status. One needs to have valid approved petition for the employer who is currently paying you as well as having a valid I-94 with that petition.

1. I would not suggest that.
    2. It no longer matters as you are not getting paid by A now.

MTR can take months to reach a decision. I would advise leaving US, getting petition approved for C and re entering with C's approved petition in hand.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You should not have joined merely on receipt basis.

Merely having a valid I-94 does not make you in status. One needs to have valid approved petition for the employer who is currently paying you as well as having a valid I-94 with that petition.

1. I would not suggest that.
      2. It no longer matters as you are not getting paid by A now.

MTR can take months to reach a decision. I would advise leaving US, getting petition approved for C and re entering with C's approved petition in hand.

Thanks for your Raghvi. I had a conversation with my company A and they are ok to run my payroll now. Can i go back to company A on their payroll now?
      or will it be a problem because i got 3 payrolls from company B already?

Comment

Originally posted by sriramcrm503 View Post
        Thanks for your Raghvi. I had a conversation with my company A and they are ok to run my payroll now. Can i go back to company A on their payroll now?
        or will it be a problem because i got 3 payrolls from company B already?

Technically they should not run your payroll without first getting a fresh I797 approved. Company A can also not run payroll for past months as then you would be paid twice for those months. I suggest you leave US and re enter on a valid visa or go for fresh stamping with the latest I797 if visa has expired.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X