Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B to H4 EAD

Hello,

I have a question in regards to my change of status to H4 EAD. I completed my MS from a US university in 2012. I currently have a valid H1B. My husband has an approved I-140. My questions are as follows:

1. If I were to change my status to H4 EAD will it be possible for me in the future to change back to H1B?

2. Will my H1-B be cap exempt? Given that it has already been counted against a cap? (My 6 years of H-1B expires only in 2019).

Thanks in advance!

Sharanya

Originally posted by sharanya2311 View Post
    Hello,

I have a question in regards to my change of status to H4 EAD. I completed my MS from a US university in 2012. I currently have a valid H1B. My husband has an approved I-140. My questions are as follows:

1. If I were to change my status to H4 EAD will it be possible for me in the future to change back to H1B?

2. Will my H1-B be cap exempt? Given that it has already been counted against a cap? (My 6 years of H-1B expires only in 2019).

Thanks in advance!

Sharanya
    1. Yes possible as long as 6 Year limit not exhausted on H1 and within 6 Year of your last held H1 status.
    2. Yes it will be as long as above criteria is met.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X