Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Stamped but H1 is still in Administrative Process

Admin,

I attended my visa interview for H1 Visa extension at Chennai US Consulate on Jan 5th along with my spouse and kid. After verifying the documents the officer told that the Visa has been Approved. When I tracked my passport, the status was "Administrative Processing". After 2 weeks on Jan 22 I received my spouse and kid's passport with H4 Visa stamped on their passport. But still my passport is in "Administrative Processing", there is no update till now. Is this normal?

Note: Last time when my H1 visa was issued initially, I got a pink slip for 221g Administrative Processing before 3 years and I got my passport after 8 weeks during that time. Is this time also be like that?

Thanks,
    Khader
    Last edited by khaderhk; 01-27-2016, 10:11 AM.

Originally posted by khaderhk View Post
    Admin,

I attended my visa interview for H1 Visa extension at Chennai US Consulate on Jan 5th along with my spouse and kid. After verifying the documents the officer told that the Visa has been Approved. When I tracked my passport, the status was "Administrative Processing". After 2 weeks on Jan 22 I received my spouse and kid's passport with H4 Visa stamped on their passport. But still my passport is in "Administrative Processing", there is no update till now. Is this normal?

Note: Last time when my H1 visa was issued initially, I got a pink slip for 221g Administrative Processing before 3 years and I got my passport after 8 weeks during that time. Is this time also be like that?

Thanks,
    Khader
    Possible, may be common name check. One cannot predict or determine what is causing the delay. Just wait the process out.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X