Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer from Employer A to B without starting to work for A

All,

I am currently in the US on a L1B working for Employer C.

I had applied for Cap Counted H1B 2016 via Employer A. The petition was filed as Consular Processing since I wanted to decide as to when I want to start working for Employer A. This H1B just got approved last week.

Another employer, Employer B is willing to offer me a full-time position. I would like to take up the offer and join Employer B. I would like to understand the Visa related processing needed to start working for Employer B.

Note: I haven't started working for A on the H1B.

- If I have to start working for B, will they need to do a H1 Transfer or will they need to file for new H1?
    - If Employer B has to file a new H1, can it be cap-exempt?
    - Is it possible to do a H1 Transfer or a Cap-exempt fresh H1 without the Petition Document from A. I do have the Petition Number.

Any other useful info will also be appreciated.

Originally posted by sonofgun View Post
    All,

I am currently in the US on a L1B working for Employer C.

I had applied for Cap Counted H1B 2016 via Employer A. The petition was filed as Consular Processing since I wanted to decide as to when I want to start working for Employer A. This H1B just got approved last week.

Another employer, Employer B is willing to offer me a full-time position. I would like to take up the offer and join Employer B. I would like to understand the Visa related processing needed to start working for Employer B.

Note: I haven't started working for A on the H1B.

- If I have to start working for B, will they need to do a H1 Transfer or will they need to file for new H1?
    - If Employer B has to file a new H1, can it be cap-exempt?
    - Is it possible to do a H1 Transfer or a Cap-exempt fresh H1 without the Petition Document from A. I do have the Petition Number.

Any other useful info will also be appreciated.
    Anyone? With any info that could help?

Thanks in advance....!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonofgun View Post
      Anyone? With any info that could help?

Thanks in advance....!!
      Do you have the I797 Approval notice of A?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        Do you have the I797 Approval notice of A?
        Hello Raghvi,

I do have the a scanned copy of the First Page of the I797 Approval Notice. Will that suffice? And if yes, for what purposes?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X