H1B extension and transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension and transfer

Hi currently I work for client A under the pay roll of a consultancy B. My I94 is getting expired by Sept 22, 2016.

My client says they are not going to extend the project further. And my company is not ready to extend my H1 as well.

Will there be any chance of H1B extension if I get a new job. I mean the new employer is ready to do transfer and file extension.

Is there any minimum time required to file H1 extension after transfer.
    Should I need to travel back to india if my extension is approve with the new employer.

Originally posted by vyuvarajin View Post
    Hi currently I work for client A under the pay roll of a consultancy B. My I94 is getting expired by Sept 22, 2016.

My client says they are not going to extend the project further. And my company is not ready to extend my H1 as well.

Will there be any chance of H1B extension if I get a new job. I mean the new employer is ready to do transfer and file extension.

Is there any minimum time required to file H1 extension after transfer.
    Should I need to travel back to india if my extension is approve with the new employer.
    How long have you already been on H1 for? If your 6 years is not getting exhausted and if you do not wish to depart then your next employer should file for a transfer before your last work day with current employer. I would advise getting the H1 transfer filed in premium.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

H1B extension in progress and transfer

Hi,

I have a H1B visa expiring on Mar 1, 2016. Have already applied for extension with company A a few months ago but the status is Case was received. Have a new offer from Company B, whom I am currently pushing to transfer my H1B under premuim processing and the start date would be April 28, 2016. My questions are:

1. If company B agrees for premium processing, is it okay to have one extension in process(Company A) and one approval in hand (Company B)?
      2. If I get my H1B transfer approval notice by end of February 2016, what is the latest date by which I have to join Company B?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X