Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is H1-B transfer possible/safe when an extension case is on RFE status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is H1-B transfer possible/safe when an extension case is on RFE status?

Hello All,

I'm in a not so good position to be in. I explained my situation with little background below. Pls share your recommendations based on your experiences .

I'm currently working for Employer A with Client X. My employer filed my H1B Visa extension in July 2015 as my Visa was getting expired in Sep, 2015. Since I didn't get the status of extension until November 2015, my employer upgraded the H1B extension to premium processing. Then, in December 2015, I got an RFE status and the due date to submit required documents is March 31, 2016.

Now my question is:
    My employer might not have project with Client X after March, 2016 for various reasons. So, I'm not in a position to submit required documents to USCIS for my RFE case.
    I now have a new prospective employer, B,(who serves the same Client X) who is willing to file for an H1-B transfer. Is it safe to switch employer while my RFE case with Employer A is still not addressed?

Do you have any other recommendations/suggestions?

Pls note that I do not want to take any risk that will result in me returning back to India.

Thanks a lot in advance for your recommendations.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X