H1B Visa Transfer while in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Transfer while in India

I got my H1B VISA stamped with emoloyer 'x' who is from US and is valid till December 2016. I never travelled to US. But now my present employer in India is willing to transfer my H1B to their US office. Do I need to go for VISA stamping again with new employer when my old VISA stamp is still not expired?

If I have to go for VISA stamping again, can I use dropbox facility or do I need to attend the interview?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I got my H1B VISA stamped with emoloyer 'x' who is from US and is valid till December 2016. I never travelled to US. But now my present employer in India is willing to transfer my H1B to their US office. Do I need to go for VISA stamping again with new employer when my old VISA stamp is still not expired?

If I have to go for VISA stamping again, can I use dropbox facility or do I need to attend the interview?

Thanks in advance
    i would advise getting yourself a new visa. If you do not go for fresh visa stamping and travel with current visa and new employer I797, then in most likelihood you will get I-94 only till Dec 2016 when you enter at the Port of Entry.

You may be eligible for drop box too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      i would advise getting yourself a new visa. If you do not go for fresh visa stamping and travel with current visa and new employer I797, then in most likelihood you will get I-94 only till Dec 2016 when you enter at the Port of Entry.

You may be eligible for drop box too.

While transfer to new employer is initiated can my former employer cancel / withdraw / revoke my H1B. If they can, will that effect my H1B transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        While transfer to new employer is initiated can my former employer cancel / withdraw / revoke my H1B. If they can, will that effect my H1B transfer.
        It doesnt matter if they do so. Mae sure you keep a copy of the I797 (approval notice).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X