H1B Petition is approved But Visa Stamping is not done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Petition is approved But Visa Stamping is not done

My H1B petition is approved and is valid till Sept 2016. I do not have VISA yet and unfortunately, I moved out of the company where my petition was approved. I wanted to know whether i can travel to US using this in future from some other company or not? If yes, May I know it is valid for how many days/years?
    Do i need to re apply for petition if i want to travel in future? Is there any opportunity to utilize my approved petition in any how? Please suggest me how best i can utilize my approved petition?

Originally posted by MadhavS View Post
    My H1B petition is approved and is valid till Sept 2016. I do not have VISA yet and unfortunately, I moved out of the company where my petition was approved. I wanted to know whether i can travel to US using this in future from some other company or not? If yes, May I know it is valid for how many days/years?
    Do i need to re apply for petition if i want to travel in future? Is there any opportunity to utilize my approved petition in any how? Please suggest me how best i can utilize my approved petition?
    When was the petition initially filed?

You dont apply the petition, its the employer who does it. What you need to do is find an employer willing to file a petition for you. Then give them a copy of the current approved petition, usign this they will apply their petition as cap exempt, and once their petition is approved they will get a new I797 which they have to give it to you. Since your visa is expiring Sept 2016, it would be better that you use the new I797 given by the new employer to schedule a fresh interview at US consulate and once visa is stamped, use it to travel to US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X