Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 to H1 after 6 months of petition approval date.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 after 6 months of petition approval date.

I am on H1 and wife on H4. one Consultant is ready to file H1 petition for my wife for 2016-17 (all fees will be paid by me). lets assume her petition gets approved around oct-2016 but she wants to start working in April-2017. So we will do 'change of status' from H4 to H1 in april-2017 only. In such case what kind of steps consultant can take ? Please suggest if you have came across such scenario. Any suggestion is welcome.
    Thanks in Advance.

Originally posted by Leocap1 View Post
    I am on H1 and wife on H4. one Consultant is ready to file H1 petition for my wife for 2016-17 (all fees will be paid by me). lets assume her petition gets approved around oct-2016 but she wants to start working in April-2017. So we will do 'change of status' from H4 to H1 in april-2017 only. In such case what kind of steps consultant can take ? Please suggest if you have came across such scenario. Any suggestion is welcome.
    Thanks in Advance.
    First of all its illegal to pay for ones H1. But as a general question in order to avoid working till April 2017 the employer should file H1 as consular processing and file a COS as and when ready to work

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      First of all its illegal to pay for ones H1. But as a general question in order to avoid working till April 2017 the employer should file H1 as consular processing and file a COS as and when ready to work

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks Raghvi for the info.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X