Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS160 current employer while transferring H1B.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS160 current employer while transferring H1B.

I am on H1B Visa ,will be resigning at my current company A on March 14 and joining new company B on April 4th.
    B has filed H1b petition to get it transferred and will be getting approval notice soon.
    I am traveling to India between march 14 and april 4th once new H1B is approved and will get my Visa stamped.( I know I need not stamp my visa as its valid, but it will be expiring soon in july so I am getting it stamped now itself).

I am filling out DS160 right now and dont know what to put current employer and previous employer.

At the time of my visa appointment, I would have already left A and not yet started at B.

I tried to put B as current and put A as previous employer, but they ask for last date in previous employer section and I cant put March 14 as its in future.

What should be the correct way?

Please advise folks.

Thanks.

Hi,
    I am in a similar boat. Please advise on this. What did you put for current employer

Comment

I am having the same problem

I am confused whether to continue with the old employer until I get back from India since the H1b from the new employer is going to take a while and itll be too late to fill out ds160... or on second thoughts, i was thinking of cancelling my trip :-( since during the interview could be a problem if I have filed for a new H1b and still work with the old employer?

Comment

I am having similar situation

Originally posted by avira View Post
        I am on H1B Visa ,will be resigning at my current company A on March 14 and joining new company B on April 4th.
        B has filed H1b petition to get it transferred and will be getting approval notice soon.
        I am traveling to India between march 14 and april 4th once new H1B is approved and will get my Visa stamped.( I know I need not stamp my visa as its valid, but it will be expiring soon in july so I am getting it stamped now itself).

I am filling out DS160 right now and dont know what to put current employer and previous employer.

At the time of my visa appointment, I would have already left A and not yet started at B.

I tried to put B as current and put A as previous employer, but they ask for last date in previous employer section and I cant put March 14 as its in future.

What should be the correct way?

Please advise folks.

Thanks.

Hi Avira

I am having similar situation. Can you share what did you fill up and the experience. Will be really helpful

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X