Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opt to h1b

Hello
    I’m currently on F1-OPT and my EAD card will expire in June. I currently have a full-time position and I just learnt that my employer won’t be able to sponsor me for this April.
    I’ll keep working for the currently employer on OPT until my EAD card expired, meanwhile I have found a company that is will to sponsor me this year to give an offer, so that I can still attend H1B lottery this year. At the same time, I’m planning to apply another graduate school that offers full time CPT so that I can still keep my current job in case I didn’t win the lottery. I do have several concerns about this plan as below:
    Do I have to start working in the company that file the petition for me (on their payroll) before they file the petition, which means can i work at my current company and ask the other company to file the H1B for me and wait for the result to make my next move?
    Suppose I get H1B, can I switch job immediately or I have to wait until a certain time before I can switch job?
    If I get H1B, do I have to start working for the new company immediately or my start date depend on the offer or the date that my EAD card expires?
    If I didn’t get H1B, how many months of CPT can I use? Is there a limit?
    Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X