Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cap exemption- not sure if eligible or not. Please help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap exemption- not sure if eligible or not. Please help!!!

Hi Experts,

My HIb was picked up in the lottery in 2014 when I was working in Company A, before stamping I switched to company B on July 2014. I am working in India and never traveled to US.

I have only the receipt# with me and the current status says
    "On July 23, 2014, we revoked the approval of your case, Receipt Number YYYY YYYY XX, and mailed you a revocation notice.".

Does this mean the status was approved and later revoked ?
    Am I eligible for a cap exempt from company B with only the receipt # ?

Please provide you expert advice.

Thanks.

You would have been cap-exempted if your petition was withdrawn after October 1st. Since it was withdrawn before that, unfortunately I don't think you are anymore.

Originally posted by vjsandeep View Post
    Hi Experts,

My HIb was picked up in the lottery in 2014 when I was working in Company A, before stamping I switched to company B on July 2014. I am working in India and never traveled to US.

I have only the receipt# with me and the current status says
    "On July 23, 2014, we revoked the approval of your case, Receipt Number YYYY YYYY XX, and mailed you a revocation notice.".

Does this mean the status was approved and later revoked ?
    Am I eligible for a cap exempt from company B with only the receipt # ?

Please provide you expert advice.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by indika View Post
      You would have been cap-exempted if your petition was withdrawn after October 1st. Since it was withdrawn before that, unfortunately I don't think you are anymore.
      Thanks a lot for the reply..

Regards,
      Sandeep.

Comment

In the same boat

Hi

I am new to Immigration forums.

I have a stamped H1B Visa and petition Valid until 2018. I never travelled to USA.

Unfortunately my current employer is not having any projects so I have resigned and searching for a new employer in India who can file a H1B Transfer

Question 1 : Will i be considered as cap excempt(as i never travelled with current petetion)
        Question 2 : Is it really possible to file a H1 transfer without travelling to USA atleast once
        Question 3 : what if my current employer revokes the petition and the new employer petition gets rejected

Please advise

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X