X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to H1 to F1 to H1

Hello friends,

Let me explain my situation in a few bullet points:
    • I came to US on F1 visa in 2011 and completed my MS in 2013. After graduation, I joined a Company on my OPT and am working for the same Company ever since.
    • My Employer filed my H1 in 2014 and I am on H1b from October 2014. Employer also filed a Visa extension valid until September 2018.
    • I went to India for stamping and I have H1 stamped on my Passport valid until September 2018.
    • Currently, my Employer is currently filing my Perm.

Now, I am planning to pursue a Fulltime MBA from a highly reputed School (one of the top 3). I am looking to join the school in August 2017. Please help me with the below doubts I have:

1. How should I apply for F1 visa?
    2. As my Employer is currently filing my GC, will it affect my F1 visa?
    3. I have read that - As I have already worked on my OPT, I will not get OPT after MBA graduation. Is that true?
    4. After MBA graduation, do I need to apply for a new H1b or can I extend the H1b that I currently hold? An addition to this question – If my I-140 gets approved before I join school on August 2017, is it going to help me in any way?
    5. It would be great if anyone would suggest how I should proceed for this H1 to F1 to H1(after MBA graduation).

Appreciate your time.
    Karthik

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X