Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Needed - H1B transfer when I94 has Expired

Dear Experts,

My I- 94 expired on December 31 2015 and my present employer has filed an extension on 09- November 2015. It has been 3 months now and i have not got any response from the USCIS. I came to know from my friends that the processing is now taking 6- 7 months to get completed.
    My issue is that my project is complete with my current employer and have asked me to go back to India by March 1st week. I would like to know if an new employer will be able to do my visa transfer even when my I94 is expired and current company has filed my extension.
    Please let me know other options too by which i can handle this situation as i have a very short time to take an decision.

Thanks in Advance !

Thanks,
    PSE

Originally posted by jackdesperado View Post
    Dear Experts,

My I- 94 expired on December 31 2015 and my present employer has filed an extension on 09- November 2015. It has been 3 months now and i have not got any response from the USCIS. I came to know from my friends that the processing is now taking 6- 7 months to get completed.
    My issue is that my project is complete with my current employer and have asked me to go back to India by March 1st week. I would like to know if an new employer will be able to do my visa transfer even when my I94 is expired and current company has filed my extension.
    Please let me know other options too by which i can handle this situation as i have a very short time to take an decision.

Thanks in Advance !

Thanks,
    PSE
    With an expired I-94 a transfer and continuous stay is not possible, even if transfer is approved it will not come with a new I-94 thereby needing you to leave US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X