NOIR on original H1 while amendment in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOIR on original H1 while amendment in progress

H1 approved for Company A in 05/2014 and started working for Client A since 1st Oct 2014.
    As soon as I started work, Company A filed a LCA to reflect my new client and location details.
    08/2015 Company B (my current employer) acquired a big group of employees from Company A. As a result company B filed an amendment to my H1 to update employer name. This amendment is still in 'application received' status waiting to be picked up for processing.
    In 02/2016 USCIS issued a NOIR on my original H1. I don't have any contact with company A, so I am not able to get in touch with them and neither in Company B able to contact Company A. The only way I now about the NOIR is because I happen to check original H1 receipt# while checking my in progress amendment receipt#.

Questions:
    1. Can company B (my current employer) do anything to respond to the NOIR sent to company A?
    2. What happens to my amendment application if original H1 gets revoked?
    3. If my H1 is revoked due to lack of response, can I continue to work until my amendment petition is approved/denied?
    4. Can I transfer to new employer before original H1 is revoked?

Any helpful comments from friends in this forum...

Any help in understanding my situation is greatly appreciated...

Comment

Any experts out there willing to help?

Originally posted by PD1984 View Post
      H1 approved for Company A in 05/2014 and started working for Client A since 1st Oct 2014.
      As soon as I started work, Company A filed a LCA to reflect my new client and location details.
      08/2015 Company B (my current employer) acquired a big group of employees from Company A. As a result company B filed an amendment to my H1 to update employer name. This amendment is still in 'application received' status waiting to be picked up for processing.
      In 02/2016 USCIS issued a NOIR on my original H1. I don't have any contact with company A, so I am not able to get in touch with them and neither in Company B able to contact Company A. The only way I now about the NOIR is because I happen to check original H1 receipt# while checking my in progress amendment receipt#.

Questions:
      1. Can company B (my current employer) do anything to respond to the NOIR sent to company A?
      2. What happens to my amendment application if original H1 gets revoked?
      3. If my H1 is revoked due to lack of response, can I continue to work until my amendment petition is approved/denied?
      4. Can I transfer to new employer before original H1 is revoked?
      Plz help!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X